Last Updated on May 18, 2023
Venmo has transformed the way we transfer money, providing a fast and convenient platform for seamless exchanges among friends, family, and businesses. However, there may be instances when you require instant funds in your Venmo account, whether it’s to settle a debt or make a time-sensitive purchase. That’s no problem because you can add money to Venmo instantly.
How to add money to Venmo instantly
There are multiple ways to add money to Venmo instantly, such as using a bank account, credit card, or debit card. However, if you prefer to keep funds in your Venmo account, you also have the option to add money to your Venmo balance. Here’s a breakdown of each option:
1. Add money to Venmo instantly via bank account
You can link your bank account to your Venmo account by following these steps:
- Open the Venmo app and go to the Me tab, usually indicated by your photo or initials.
- Tap on the settings icon.
- Select Payment Methods.
- Choose Add bank or card… option.
- Select Bank.
You’ll need to verify your bank account. You can choose between manual or instant verification.
For manual verification:
Enter your bank account number and routing number. Account verification may take 1 to 2 days.
For instant verification:
You need to have an account with a bank that allows you to provide your bank login information to Venmo. Venmo uses this information to securely transfer your credentials and banking details.
Once you follow these steps, you should be able to link your bank account to Venmo and choose the verification method that suits you best.
Now, let’s say your bank account is verified. You can begin the transfer process from your bank account to Venmo by following these steps:
- Go to the You tab.
- In the personal transactions feed, locate the Add or Transfer option at the top.
- Enter the desired amount you wish to transfer and tap Done.
- Confirm the linked account from which you want to make the transfer, then tap Next.
- Review the transaction details and the estimated arrival date in the summary.
- If everything looks okay, select Add Money.
Note that once you initiate a bank transfer to your Venmo account by selecting Add Money to add money to Venmo instantly, the transaction cannot be canceled or reversed.
2. Add money to Venmo instantly via credit or debit card
Another method is to link either a credit card or a debit card after verifying your bank account. Follow these steps on the Venmo app:
- Open the app and go to the Me tab, usually represented by your photo or initials.
- Tap on the settings icon.
- Choose Payment Methods from the options.
- Select the Add bank or card… button and then choose Card.
- Enter the card information manually or use your phone’s camera to submit the details.
If you prefer to add your card information from a computer instead of using the app, follow these steps:
- On your Venmo account, tap Edit payment methods.
- Select Add Debit or Credit Card.
- Enter the required card information.
3. Add money to Venmo instantly via Venmo debit card
You need a Venmo debit card and a verified bank account. Follow these steps to add money to your Venmo account:
- Open the Venmo app and navigate to the Me tab.
- Select Manage Balance from the available options.
- Enter the desired amount you wish to transfer and tap Next.
- Verify that the selected bank account for the transfer is correct. Double-check the amount you want to transfer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the action.
4. Use Venmo cash a check service
Even though you can this method to add money to Venmo instantly, this service is exclusively available to individuals with a Venmo debit card or who have established direct deposit.
To cash a check using Venmo, follow these steps:
- Launch the Venmo app and tap the three-line menu button.
- Choose Manage Balance.
- Select Cash a Check.
- Verify your personal information.
- Enter the amount indicated on the check.
- Use the in-app camera to capture photos of the front and back of the check, and then tap “Next.”
- Choose whether you want the funds to be available “In 10 Days” or “In Minutes.”
- Once the deposit is confirmed, write “VOID” across the check and store it securely for your records.
If you choose to pay a fee and get your money in minutes, it takes a few seconds to review a check for approval but it can also take 10-15 minutes or even up to 1.5 hours.
5. Ask a trusted friend/family member
If the aforementioned methods to add money to Venmo instantly are possible in your situation, consider asking another Venmo user who already has a balance to send you the money instantly.
To request a payment:
- Open the Venmo app and tap the Pay/Request button at the bottom.
- Enter the desired amount you wish to request.
- The recipient will receive a notification and can simply tap to accept the request.
You can also leave a note if necessary, specifying the purpose of the payment.
Alternatively, another user can initiate the payment process by tapping on the Pay/Request button as well. From there, they can select you as the recipient by entering your username or full name to locate your profile.
If you happen to be meeting the person face-to-face, Venmo also provides a convenient QR code scanning option.
- Simply open the app.
- Navigate to the QR code scanning feature.
- Scan the other person’s QR code.
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer and confirm the transaction.
No option to add money in Venmo app?
The following are some of the vital reasons why you cannot find the option to add money to your Venmo account.
1. Verify your account
Firstly, ensure that your account is verified and all necessary information is updated. If there are any discrepancies or missing details, it might prevent you from accessing certain features, including adding money.
2. It may have been flagged as suspicious activity
Another possibility is that your account has been flagged due to suspicious activity. In such cases, Venmo may temporarily disable certain functions until they verify your identity and ensure the security of your account.
3. Update or reinstall your app
It’s also worth checking if your app needs an update or if it requires a reinstallation. Verify if there are any available updates in the App Store or Google Play Store, and consider uninstalling and reinstalling the app if necessary.
4. No direct access
Depending on your location or device type, some users may not have direct access to adding funds through their Venmo balance. In these situations, alternative options like bank transfers or debit card transactions may be available instead.
If none of these solutions work for you, contact Venmo customer support for further assistance. They will be able to provide specific guidance based on your account and help resolve any issues you’re experiencing.
Fees involved in adding money to Venmo instantly
To add money to your Venmo account instantly, you have the option to use the Instant Transfer feature. While the exact fees may vary based on your location and account type, Venmo charges a fee for Instant Transfers.
The standard fee for Instant Transfers on Venmo is 1.75% of the transfer amount, with a minimum fee of $0.25 and a maximum fee of $25. This means that if you were to transfer $100 instantly, you would be charged a fee of $1.75.
When it comes to instant transfers, it’s crucial to remember the following points:
- Availability: Instant transfers are available round the clock, 365 days a year, regardless of weekends or holidays.
- Service: Note that transfers can be affected by Venmo service disruptions, which may temporarily impact the ability to initiate or complete transfers.
- Review process: To ensure security and compliance, transfers are subject to review. In some cases, transfers may be declined, delayed, or blocked if we detect any potential issues.
- Funds freeze or removal: During the review process, it is possible that funds associated with the transfer could be temporarily frozen or removed from your account. This is done to investigate and address any concerns that may arise.
Read also: gift card to bank money transfer