Last Updated on June 14, 2023
You probably forgot your Cash App card at home but need to buy something from the store. Or perhaps you don’t even own a Cash App card but want to use your funds at the point of sale. Don’t fret because, with your Android or iPhone, you can still pay with Cash App in store without card, which takes funds from your Cash App balance. This guide will show you how to get this done with Cash App for in-store purchases if you have no card.
Can you use Cash App at stores without a card?
Yes, you can pay at stores that accept Cash App without your Cash App Cash Card in the following ways:
If you own a Cash App card, it can be linked to Google Pay or Apple Pay. This means there’s no need to carry your Cash App card around.
Should the vendor have a Cash App account, you can conveniently pay them directly via Cash App.
At times, a QR code associated with Cash App Pay might be visible near the register. If so, activate this on the Cash App by clicking on the QR scanner.
How to pay with Cash App in store without card
Having known that it’s possible to pay with Cash App in store without card, below are the various ways and steps:
1. Pay the merchant directly with Cash App at checkout
You can complete in-store payments using Cash App without a card by making a direct payment to the merchant if accepted.¹
If the vendor has a Cash App account but their POS system lacks a Cash App option, you can send them funds through Cash App for your purchase. However, you will need the seller’s Cash tag, phone number, or email address to do this. Always verify whether the seller accepts Cash App payments before proceeding with your order.
To directly pay with Cash App in store without card using this method, follow these steps:
- Open the Cash App and tap on the dollar sign icon set against a green background.
- Next, enter the exact payment amount using the on-screen keyboard, like 20.30.
- Press the Pay button located at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Enter the vendor’s information which could be their name, Cash tag, phone number, or email. To aid transaction tracking, include your purchase details under the “For” section.
- Press Pay, which is a green button located in the upper right corner of your screen.
You may be required to authenticate the transaction with your PIN, passcode, pattern, or fingerprint.
2. Scan Cash App QR Code to pay with Cash App Pay
With Cash App Pay, you can pay merchants by scanning a QR code in the app. Note that funds for the payment to any merchant come from your Cash App balance.²
- Open Cash App and tap on the dollar sign icon set against a green background.
Not every merchant accepts Cash App Pay. If they do, you will see a Cash App QR code near the register.
- Press the QR scanner icon located at the top left corner of your screen. The icon looks like a square made of broken lines.
- Point your phone at the QR code, ensuring the QR code fits within the outlined square on your screen. If the lighting around the register is poor, tap on the lightning bolt icon to activate your flash.
- Enter the payment amount using the on-screen keyboard, like “20.30.”
- Press the Pay button. The transaction will process immediately allowing you to leave the store with your purchased items.
If you seek a refund for your Cash App Pay payment, you have to request it from the merchant directly. And if the merchant refunds the transaction, it can take up to 10 business days before it gets to Cash App. Once received, Cash App will refund the payment to your original payment source. Lastly, if your refund does not show up after 14 days, contact Cash App.
Also, you can delete your Cash App history if you wish.
3. Pay with Apple Pay or Google Pay
Follow these steps to use the Apple Pay or Google Pay method:
- Open the Cash App on your device. If a Cash App card is linked to your account, you can add it with Google Pay or Apple Pay. This can be done without your physical card.
- Click on the symbol that resembles a white “$” set against a green backdrop.
This method offers a reliable alternative to expecting the retail store to accept payments via Cash App Pay, and is ideal for setting up cardless transactions. However, this only works if you already have a Cash App card. Without one, your only option would be to request a card.
- Click on the card symbol, located in the bottom row of symbols to the left of $.
- Tap on either Add Card to Apple Pay or Add Card to Google Pay, based on your device’s operating system – iPhone (Apple Pay) or Android (Google Pay).
- Click Add and follow the instructions provided, which may require you to input personal data such as your residential address and contact details.
- Tap Continue and follow the directions on-screen to accept the terms and conditions.
When it comes to paying with Cash App at a retail outlet that accepts either Apple Pay or Google Pay, open your Wallet (either Apple Pay or Google Pay) and choose the Cash App card. Should the merchant accept this form of payment and NFC is enabled on your device, you should be able to process your payment at the register successfully.
What stores accept cash app without a card?
Several retail outlets now allow payments via Cash App even without a physical card, as long as a US bank account is linked for transaction purposes.
Stores that are Visa-compatible can accept Cash App as a mode of payment. The Visa debit card associated with your Cash App account enables you to utilize your balance for the procurement of goods and services in any such store.
Stores such as Target Store accept Cash App payments without card. And it doesn’t end there. Retail giants such as Walmart, Forever 21, Lululemon, and Foot Locker are also on board with this method of payment.
As a Cash App user, you can leverage your virtual wallet at a vast array of stores that accept Cash App.
Meanwhile, you can also buy gas without your Cash App card.
All in all, it’s possible to pay with Cash App in store without card. Once signed into your account, you are only a few taps from completing your payment.
Read also: can you get funds off Cash App at Walmart?