Last Updated on October 6, 2023
You just signed up for a payment app to ease your money transfer worries and have gone through the steps necessary. Now comes the time you want to link your bank account, but you’re stuck trying to link it because you can’t get through the verification process to link your bank account.
So you start to wonder: can you link a bank account without verification? Is it possible?
Well, usually, you’ll need to go through a verification process. This is important because it helps keep your money safe and ensures that it goes to the recipients. This is why most banks or financial services require you to confirm who you are before you start handling any money.
But don’t worry, we’re here for you. In this article, we’ll be discussing the possibility of linking a bank account without verification, the steps involved, and any risks you should be aware of. While still keeping your transactions safe and totally legit.
Can You Link Bank Account Without Verification?
Yes, some apps, banks, or transfer services might let you link a bank account without verification. But not all of them allow this, and even the ones that do might have restrictions on how much money you can transfer.
Also, keep in mind that some services might only allow transfers within specific regions or have other rules, like limits on the types of transactions you can do or the currencies you can use.
On the other hand, if you’re looking to send money from a bank account without verifying it, then you’ll typically need a payment card linked to the account or use a transfer service that’s already been granted access to your account. There are also options like offshore debit cards and anonymous prepaid cards, but you’ll need to put money on them to send transfers.
But here’s something we want you to know: These sometimes stressful and downright annoying verification processes are usually in place to prevent financial crimes, and it’s called KYC, which stands for Know Your Customer. It’s all about making sure things are safe and secure.
How to Link Bank Account Without Verification
Trying to link bank accounts without verification can be a bit of a chore, and we have to be forthcoming with you. It may not be possible with all banks, credit unions, or payment services.
And in some rare cases, you might still not be able to link the said bank account after all’s been said and done. So, why not just do the normal thing?
With that being said, there are five ways to link a bank account without verification. Some of them ‘the usual’, others are downright ingenious. But that’s why you’re here right? So let’s get started on the ways to link bank account without verifications.
1. Disable Two-way Verification (2FA) on the App or Website
Some banks may offer users the option to disable two-way verification on their app or website, while others don’t. There is no way to tell if your bank offers this option, but you might just get lucky.
So, here’s how to do it:
- First, log in to your bank’s app or website.
- Then, go to the Settings or Security section.
- Look for something like Two-way Verification or 2FA
- Follow the instructions to turn it off by entering your password.
Keep in mind, not all banks will let you do this. If you can’t find this option, try the next method to link bank account without verification.
2. Manually Disable Two-way Verification (2FA)
You can also get in touch with your bank directly and ask them to turn off two-way verification. They might need you to explain why you want it disabled, and this process could take some time, depending on your bank.
Some banks might even give you the choice to turn it on or off when you open your account. So, it’s worth checking if that’s an option with your bank.
But remember, some banks or credit unions might not let you disable this extra security measure because they want to keep your account safe.
3. Use Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Form to Link the Accounts
Some money transfer services and apps allow you to link bank accounts without verification through the use of an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) form.
An Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) form is a document used to authorize the electronic transfer of funds from one bank account to another. EFT is a convenient way to make various types of financial transactions, such as direct deposits, bill payments, wire transfers, and more.
A supporting bank document, such as a bank statement or a voided check, is often required. You need them to accompany the EFT form depending on the requirements of the financial institution in question.
4. Link Another Payment App to the New One
Now, in cases where you already have your bank account linked to a payment app like PayPal or the likes, and you are trying to link your bank account to another app without verification. The logical thing to do is to simply link your account on the already-linked payment app (PayPal) to the new one you’re trying to link.
Another way to do this is by linking a debit card (physical or virtual) issued by the already linked payment service to the new app you’re trying to link. This way the debit card added to the new app simply pulls funds off the bank account linked to the previously linked payment app.
Let’s use a more realistic example to give you a better idea of what we’re talking about:
The PayPal debit card is linked to your PayPal account, so you can simply use it anywhere (online or in-store) just like any other bank debit card. When you spend, the money is taken from whatever funding source (such as bank accounts, credit/debit cards, or the likes) already linked to your PayPal account.
So you can simply link your PayPal debit card to the new payment app you want to use and use your bank account as a funding source via the card without verifying it.
Here’s a quick breakdown of how to get the PayPal debit card and link bank account without verification:
- Go to the PayPal Debit Card page and click Get The Card.
- Follow the instructions they give you to request your card.
You’ll need to:
- Have a PayPal Balance account (don’t worry, there are no fees to set up this account).
- Be an active PayPal member with no unresolved issues in the PayPal Resolution Center.
This is not a credit card, so you don’t need to go through a credit check. Once you have signed up and set the debit card PIN, you can start using your card details right away (virtual card), even before you get the physical card in the mail.
To use it online for any payment apps or services you might be interested in:
- Open your Wallet.
- Choose your PayPal Debit Card.
- Click on the Eye icon next to your PayPal Debit Card, and then click “Copy.” This copies the 16-digit card number.
- Then you paste it in the appropriate fields on the website of the payment app you’re trying to link.
That’s all you need to do to link bank account without verification using this method.
5. Check Other Manual Options the Payment Service Offers
The last method to link bank account without verification is to do it the old-fashioned way and fill out whatever paperwork you can get off the website or payment app and mail it in. There is a downside. It is not immediate; it may take a few days or even weeks to link your bank account this way.
Payment apps that allow linking bank accounts without verification
Here are some money transfer services and payment apps where you can link your bank account without verification:
These services let you connect your bank account without needing to verify your identity. Some of them even allow instant bank transfers without requiring a debit card. However, they might have some rules in place to make sure people don’t use them for fraud or illegal money activities.
Is it Safe to Link Bank Accounts?
Yes, it’s safe to link your bank accounts, but adding a layer of verification can make it even safer for you and your money. Our website is a staunch advocate of security, so only link your bank accounts through apps or online services you trust.
Be cautious and avoid clicking on any links you get in emails, or else you may fall prey to a phishing scam.
Here are some more things to keep in mind:
- Only link your bank accounts with or through well-known and reputable platforms.
- Use strong, unique passwords for each account to protect them. Don’t use the same password for different accounts.
- Whenever possible, activate two-factor authentication (2FA) on your account with that financial platform. This extra step adds more security and helps prevent unauthorized access.
- Keep an eye on your bank account regularly. If you spot any transactions you didn’t make, contact your bank right away.
- Lastly, be on guard against phishing scams and other tricks. Don’t click on links or download stuff from unknown sources, and always double-check any requests for your personal or financial info.
Risks to Consider When Linking a Bank Account Without Verification
Linking your bank account without proper verification can bring about various risks such as:
- Skipping verification can allow hackers to gain unauthorized access to your account, potentially leading to unauthorized transactions or other malicious activities.
- Unauthorized transactions made by a hacker who has accessed your bank account can result in financial losses and have other negative financial repercussions for you.
- If someone uses your bank account information for illegal activities such as man-in-the-middle scams (MIDM), you could potentially face legal consequences, including being held accountable for any resulting damages as a result of your actions.
- In case of any fraudulent activity on your bank account, it may damage your reputation and credibility not just as a bank customer, but your personal records such as creditworthiness or viability.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I instant transfer money without bank verification?
You can make instant money transfers without bank verification through the use of PayPal, Xoom, Skrill, and any of the other money transfer services or payment apps mentioned previously in this article.
Where can I link my bank account without verification?
To link a bank account without verification, you can simply go to your bank’s app or website, log into your account, head to its equivalent of a “Settings” section, find “Two-way Verification” or “2FA” under the “Security” settings, and disable it if possible. Or you can use any of the other methods outlined in the article.
That’s all, you now know how to link bank account without verification. Now, let’s reiterate that linking your bank account without verification is easy depending on whether it’s done instantly or manually. Nonetheless, we do caution restraint as you should only do this sparingly. If you do, then you have to take the necessary measures to secure your account before linking it. The rule of thumb is to trust whatever mobile money app you are about to link your bank account.