Last Updated on September 23, 2023
You could find yourself in a situation where you need to put money on Cash App card at ATM. Unfortunately, you can’t do this using the ATM. ATMs will not allow you to directly deposit money onto your Cash App Cash Card, however, you can use them to withdraw funds from your Cash App account.
So, if you have physical cash and wish to load it onto your Cash App Cash Card, you could use retailers such as Walmart, 7-Eleven, and Walgreens. Another common workaround is to transfer money from a linked bank account to your Cash App.
In this guide, I will walk you through the alternative methods you can use to top up your Cash App Cash Card, either in-store or via a connected bank account. The methods listed in this post support both iPhone and Android devices.
Can I Put Money on My Cash Card at an ATM?
No, you cannot put money on your Cash App Cash Card at an ATM. However, there are alternative methods to fund your Cash App account card.
One option is to deposit money at a store that participates in this service, but there’s a flat-rate $1.00 fee for each transaction. If you would like to skip these fees, the preferable method is to connect your bank account or card and make a transfer.
While you can’t deposit money to Cash Card at an ATM, you can use your Cash Card to withdraw cash from one near you.
How to Put Money on Cash App Card at ATM
In this section, I will show you just how to put money on Cash App card at ATM. I explaines earlier that you can’t top up your card with an ATM as Cash App offers no support yet. So, consider these alternative methods to put money on Cash App card at ATM.
1. Deposit Paper Money on Cash App Card
You can deposit paper money on your Cash App balance. This is an alternative to ATM deposits, especially when you are near a participating retailer.
Follow these steps
- Open your Cash App and tap on the Banking tab.
- Select Paper Money and use the map to find a deposit location near you. You can also use the search bar to enter a specific address.
- Once you’re at the store, inform the cashier that you put money on Cash App using your barcode. If they’re unfamiliar with the process, you can show them the instructions available in your app.
- After they scan the barcode from your Cash App, hand over the cash amount you want to deposit. The money will then be automatically added to your Cash App balance.
Make sure to keep the receipt for your records.
Some of the merchants that support paper money deposits include Walmart, Walgreens, 7-Eleven, Family Dollar, Speedway, and many more. You can find a comprehensive list within your Cash App.
Cash App will charge a $1 processing fee for each paper money deposit. You can deposit up to $1,000 within a rolling 7 days and up to $4,000 within a rolling 30 days.
*Each transaction should be a minimum of $5 and not exceed $500.
- Some merchants might ask you to swipe your Cash Card. However, for the deposit to work, tell the cashier to scan the barcode in your app.
- Some stores require ID verification.
2. Link a Bank and Put Money
Since you can’t put money on Cash App card at ATM, consider adding a bank account to Cash App, then load money to your Cash App balance. However, you need to first add a debit card on Cash App to have the option of adding a bank account.
1. Link Your Bank Account to Cash App
- Locate the Cash App Icon on your mobile device. It is the white dollar sign set against a green backdrop.
- Tap on the Cash App icon to open it.
- On the top-right corner of the screen, you’ll find the profile icon. Tap on it.
- Scroll down a bit and tap Linked Banks option right under the “Personal” section.
- If you’ve previously linked banks or cards, they’ll be displayed under the “Accounts” section. If not, or if you want to add another, tap on Link Bank. Sometimes, you might see “Link Credit Card” instead.
- Tap Continue. Cash App collaborates with “Plaid” to securely link your bank account.
- Select your bank. A list of popular banks will be displayed. If you don’t see yours, use the search bar. Once you find your bank, tap it, and you’ll be redirected to your bank’s login page.
- Log in to your bank account using the credentials associated with your online banking – this could be an email address, username, and password.
- For security reasons, you might be asked for a verification code. Choose whether you’d like to receive this code via SMS (Text) or email. Once received, input the code and tap “Submit”.
- If you have multiple accounts like Checking and Savings, pick the one you’d like to link. Once done, you’ll get a confirmation message “Bank account was successfully linked”. With this, you’re all set to transfer funds to your Cash Card.
2. Transfer Money from Your Bank to Cash App Card
- Open Cash App and look for the Banking tab, represented by either a $ symbol or a bank icon situated at the screen’s bottom.
- Go to the Banking Tab. If you’ve already set up your bank with Cash App and wish to transfer money, this is your starting point. If you have physical cash, consider depositing it at an ATM first, then transferring it to your Cash Card via the app.
- Tap on Add Cash, which you’ll find beneath your current cash balance.
- You can choose your amount from the preset amounts or tap on the three dots (•••) to enter a specific amount.
- Tap the green Add button.
The funds will be instantly moved from your linked bank or card to your Cash Card balance. That way you add cash to Cash App card without the ATM.
Note, you might be able to transfer from bank to Cash App without having to link a debit card.
3. Add Cash with Bitcoin
If you are a crypto enthusiast, you should consider adding cash to Cash App card using BTC. Follow these simple steps.
- Send Bitcoin via Cash App
- Open the Cash App and navigate to the payment pad.
- Switch from USD to BTC by tapping on the USD toggle.
- Enter an amount (minimum of $1) and tap on ‘Pay’.
- Input the recipient’s $Cashtag, phone number, or email.
- Confirm the transaction. This is known as a peer-to-peer (P2P) transaction.
- Use Lightning or Blockchain to Send Bitcoin:
- Go to the ‘Money’ tab on the Cash App home screen.
- Select the ‘Bitcoin’ tile.
- Tap on the ‘Airplane’ button and choose ‘Send Bitcoin’.
- Enter the desired amount and the recipient’s $Cashtag or BTC address.
- Tap ‘Next’, choose a transaction speed, and then tap ‘Confirm & Send’.
- Receive Bitcoin
- You can receive Bitcoin from any wallet using the blockchain.
- The minimum transaction to a $Cashtag is 0.00001 BTC or 1,000 Satoshis.
Sending Bitcoin has certain limits. View your weekly and monthly limits in the app by tapping on the ‘Profile’ icon and then ‘Limits’.
What ATM Can I Deposit Cash on Cash App Card?
Unfortunately, there is no ATM where you can deposit cash on Cash App card currently. You can only use ATMs to withdraw from your Cash App card. Cash App charges $2.50 for ATM withdrawal, and some ATMs might charge an additional fee.
If you get $300 or more as a paycheck in Cash App in a month, you get free withdrawals at certain ATMs.
You can follow these steps to withdraw from an ATM with your Cash App Cash Card:
- Find any nearby ATM. Remember, using the Cash App card at an ATM comes with a fee of $2.50.
- Slide your Cash Card into the ATM. Ensure it’s placed correctly.
- Key in your Cash Card PIN. This is identical to your Cash App PIN. If you forget it, there’s an option to reset it.
- Look for the ‘Get cash’ option on the ATM screen. The exact wording might vary based on the ATM. It’s the choice that lets you take out money.
- The ATM might ask if you’re withdrawing from a Checking or Savings account. Your Cash Card is linked to just one account, so either option works. Decide on the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Some ATMs might have their own separate charges. This is in addition to the Cash App’s fee. So, be ready for potential extra costs. Confirm the transaction.
- Once the transaction is approved, collect your cash. You’ll get a notification in your Cash App detailing the amount you took out.
People alse read: How to Get a Cash App Card Without an ID
Can You Put a Cash App Card in Any ATM?
Yes, you can put a Cash App card in any ATM. Unfortunately, you can only withdraw cash on your Cash App card rather than deposit if you use the ATM.
- ATM Fees on Cash Card. Cash App
- Paper Money Deposit. Cash App
- How to Find an ATM Near You. Cash App
- Bitcoin. Cash App
Read also: Chime vs Cash App: Usage Comparison [Review]