How to use Visa gift card on Amazon? Perhaps, you are not aware of the stuff you could do with an Amazon Visa gift card. Well, after finding them out in this article, you would be glad you want to use your Visa gift card on there.
To use a Visa gift card on Amazon, activate the Visa gift card, check the balance, and reload the amount you want to your Amazon account. You can consolidate different Amazon gift cards into one by purchasing Amazon gift cards with your Visa gift card balance and combining them into one balance.
There is a lot more that comes with using a Visa gift card on Amazon, which this article pinpoints. Stay tuned.
Does Visa gift card work on Amazon?
A Visa gift card works on Amazon, you can use it to purchase any item you prefer like your Amazon card or debit card. You can also use multiple Visa gift cards to buy on Amazon. However, you have to work around Amazon’s restriction by purchasing an Amazon gift card with the balance on your Visa gift card.
How to use Visa gift card on Amazon
This section covers the steps to use a Visa gift card on Amazon:
Activate the Visa gift card
Get your Visa gift card activated if not already activated, this should have been done when you bought the gift card.
The cardholder or gift receipt you receive typically confirms that your card is activated. You can also contact your Visa gift card vendor or call the phone number on the back of the card.
Check Visa card balance
To use your Visa gift card, you must have an available or usable balance. Also, if you recently used the gift card for purchases, you need to know the current balance.
Note that you may have been charged an activation fee, such that if your gift card value is $200, you might be left with $199. Confirm the exact dollar and cent you have on your Visa card.
Reload the gift card
The reloading procedure requires you to visit Amazon ‘Reload Your Balance‘ page. Next, do the following:
- On the amount box, enter the Visa gift card amount you want to add to your Amazon account.
- Sign in to your Amazon account (if it is not already signed in).
- To select the Visa gift card as your payment method, click Add a credit or debit card. This action will redirect you to a prompt where you Add a credit or debit card.
- Enter your Visa gift card information and click Add your card. if you do not know the name of your gift card, check the card name on the card. if your Visa gift card issuer is GiftCardGranny, you can enter your name.
- Select the added Visa gift card as your Amazon payment method. Regarding the billing address, you can use the phone number on the back of your Visa gift card or contact your issuer. If your issuer is GiftCardGranny, for example, use your normal Amazon account billing or shipping address.
- Review the gift card amount you want to load to your Amazon account balance and click Place Your Order.
Combine multiple Visa gift cards into one
If you have multiple Visa gift cards, Amazon allows you to combine them into a single Amazon balance. However, this has to be done indirectly because Amazon does not support consolidating a third-party prepaid card like a Visa gift card.
In this case, use up the current Visa gift card balance to buy an Amazon gift card. Repeat this for all your Visa gift cards and combine them into one Amazon balance to buy anything you want.
When you make an order, Amazon will make a $1 test charge to verify your card. Note that this is a test charge, and will be refunded.
Visa gift card Amazon restrictions
Amazon lets you enjoy features such as a never-expiring Visa card, the ability to buy Amazon gift cards with different Visa gift cards and combine them into one balance, etc. however, below are a few restrictions Amazon places on your Visa gift card:
- No direct provision for gift card combinations. You cannot combine multiple Visa gift cards to make one purchase on your Amazon account without buying an Amazon gift with your current balance.
- CVV restriction. Amazon does not require the 3-digit CVV code your Visa gift card may carry on the back. If your Visa gift card requires CVV (which is not likely), the payment processing may fail.
Benefits of using Visa gift card on Amazon
Using your Visa gift card on Amazon comes with the following benefits:
Combine Visa gift cards
If you have different Visa gift cards with low funds, let us say ranging from $2.99 to $10.66, you can combine them into one balance on Amazon. This means you do not have to use them separately when buying items on Amazon.com.
As mentioned earlier, you have to purchase Amazon gift cards with the value of your Visa gift card to be able to consolidate the cards as one balance.
Load any amount
Amazon.com does not restrict the amount you can reload to your account. This means there is no aggressive minimum or maximum Visa gift card amount to reload your Amazon gift card balance.
Amazon requires a minimum of only $0.50 to be loaded to your Amazon account, this is only half a dollar.
Read also: Where will Amazon gift card not work?
Does your Visa gift card fund expire?
Your Visa gift card expires after 7 years but your fund does not expire. When you reload your fund to Amazon, it never expires and you are not charged any fee.
What happens if your Visa gift card is stolen?
If you think your Visa gift card is stolen or lost, notify the card issuer or call the customer service number on the gift card. You need the correct identification information and your Visa gift card number. Otherwise, your Visa gift card cannot be restored.
Why is my Visa gift card being declined on Amazon?
Your Visa gift card may be declined on Amazon if it is not yet activated to receive transactions. If the gift card has reached the expiration date (7 years from the date of purchase), any transaction may be declined, so you have to renew the card to continue using the funds.
It is advisable to add your Visa gift card to your Amazon account, even if you will not be using it any time soon. Your gift card is safe with Amazon, you do not get charged and the fund never expires, it stays permanently as long as your account exists.
Consider copying your Visa gift card information so that you can use them to restore the card if it is lost or stolen.