Tattoos are visually appealing, especially when talented artists do them; however, some individuals want to get that tattoo experience without dealing with the consequences of having a permanent tattoo done.
Temporary tattoos are great options to emulate the aforementioned tattoo feeling without dealing with the financial requirements, pain, and commitment. Temporary tattoos last for seven to fourteen days and will leave you feeling like others with the real thing. After putting the temporary tattoo wherever you want on your body, give it a few moments for the tattoo to transfer, and you’ve got a tattoo that looks like the real thing.
However, the only problem with temporary tattoos is that they don’t last well…forever, they don’t last forever, and that’s kind of a bummer. After a temporary tattoo wears out, it leaves you wanting it for longer, but you may not want to go through the real process needed to get a real tattoo. Well, do not despair because there is a way you can make temporary tattoos last longer. As this article proceeds, you will learn the best tricks and tips to make your fake tattoos last longer.
Fake tattoos are placed on the skin, and they eventually wear out as you make contact with your skin: this causes friction and doesn’t just happen when you shower. When you wear clothes, friction occurs, especially when the clothes cover a part of your body with tattoos. If tattoos are in the animal kingdom, friction will be their natural prey.
Read also: Etsy of buying feet pics
It is recommended that you place as little friction as possible on your tattoo and ensure you place the tattoo where there will be minimal contact with the tattoos. If you want to do a fake tattoo, do it in places like your forearm, outer bicep, upper back, chest area, and others. You should avoid placing fake tattoos in areas like hands, inner bicep, stomach, inner thighs, and feet.
Apply It Properly
Often placing a temporary tattoo is quite tricky; you must ensure it is placed on the skin without movement because of moisture or other possible issues. It’s a fake tattoo, so be careful when applying it. If you don’t place the fake tattoo properly, the transfer won’t be done correctly, and it won’t stick to the skin. Follow these steps below to apply your fake tattoo properly.
- Give Your Skin A Proper Shave: If you’re a man and have body hairs, you should take this seriously; shave the area you want to apply the fake tattoo properly; the tattoo will stick to the skin properly without getting obstructed by the hair on your body. Your tattoo will reach more areas of the skin, and it will be difficult for it to start falling off and fading.
- Before You Place The Tattoo, Exfoliate The Area: Exfoliating the area you intend to place the tattoo will eradicate every kind of oil, dead skin cells, and dirt from the skin. After proper exfoliation, your skin will be smooth and ready for your fake tattoo.
- Allow The Tattoo to Dry After Placing It: After placing the tattoo on your skin, allow it dry. If you follow these steps judiciously, it will help you reduce the amount of friction and make sure the tattoo stays on your body the way it should. Don’t touch your tattoo, don’t rub it, and don’t cover it with clothes immediately after the transfer is complete. Before you wear any piece of clothing, allow it to dry up completely. After it’s dried, ensure to wear loose clothes at least on the first day.
- Tattoo Location: Although mentioned above, this needs to be mentioned again. It is imperative to carefully choose where the tattoo will be placed. Stay away from high friction areas, naturally oily and sweaty areas, areas that bend or move frequently, and areas that your clothes may touch when you wear them.
Placing your tattoo properly is only a part of the process; you have to seal your fake tattoo after application to make it last longer. Sealing the tattoo makes it last longer than the usual few days. Don’t know how to seal your fake tattoo? Don’t despair; just follow these steps below.
- Baby Powder: Baby powder is a great tool to seal your fake tattoos. Baby powder will help you absorb all the ink, excess oils, and moisture to ensure the tattoo is properly dried and remains on your skin.
- Hair Spray: After the tattoo is completely dried, it can be set and sealed with hair spray. Hair spray is great for a sharpie, homemade, and temporary tattoos. Measure a distance of twelve to sixteen inches and spray the skin with a minimal amount of hair spray. Do not forget to apply your baby powder before the hair spray is applied.
- Liquid Band-Aid: The liquid band-aid is the coup de Grace in this sub-step it will make your tattoo scratch-proof and waterproof. The tattoo’s longevity will be extended with the liquid band-aid. The liquid band-aid works very well for sharpie and transfer tattoos, but it can be used for any kind of fake tattoo.
What You Need To Do After The Application Of Fake Tattoos
After you have done all that is needed to apply, set, and seal your fake tattoos properly, certain things must be done after the tattoos have been placed. Below are some tips and tricks you need to keep your fake tattoos longer.
- Petroleum Jelly: Petroleum jellies are very effective in sealing your tattoos. They can help shield your fake tattoos when you shower or find yourself under any water body. The nature of petroleum jelly makes it perfect for covering the skin and effective for fake tattoos.
- Talcum Powder Or Corn Starch: Talcum powder and corn starch are great substitutes for baby powder; just like baby powder, they can help absorb excess oil and moisture from the tattoo.
- Permanent Marker: Yes, you read that right, permanent markers are great for fake tattoos when they seem to be wearing off. Use a permanent marker to trace the fake tattoo drawings and ensure a high-tipped, top-tier marker is used to duplicate the accuracy of the tattoo.
- Avoid Working Out: This may be difficult if you’re a fitness buff, but it is important. When you work out, sweat profusely, and your muscles stretch, this is a no-no if you have a fake tattoo. The sweat will make the fake tattoo wear out quickly, and the build-up will stretch the tattoo ink, make it crack, and eventually come off. Additionally, when you work out, your clothes will touch the tattoo, resulting in fading and wearing out of the fake tattoo.
- No Swimming: Yes, this is another fun activity that you must avoid when you have a fake tattoo; the chlorine in swimming pools can cause fake tattoos to break down and fade off quicker than you want them. However, you can swim in other natural water bodies like lakes, ponds, or seas. So you can swim but not in chlorine-infested waters.
What You Must Avoid To Make Your Fake Tattoos Last Longer
This article has talked about all the things that should be done to lengthen the life of your fake tattoo. However, it is imperative to emphasize the things you must not do.
- Washing, Scratching, Touching, And, Rubbing: You must avoid washing, Scratching, touching, and rubbing the tattoo to make your tattoo last long enough. You must teach your brain that there’s a new development in your body and continue for as long as you can keep the tattoo in your body.
- Hot Showers: Taking hot showers should be avoided when you have a fake tattoo; it will cause the tattoo to wear out almost instantly. If you are used to hot showers, you must adjust to showering with lukewarm water and ensure the tattoo is covered with petroleum jelly for better protection.
- No Lotion Or Sunscreen: When you have a fake tattoo on, you must avoid the application of sunscreen or lotion unto or around it. Lotions and sunscreens are slippery and will make tattoos come off faster than you want.
Read also: even without ID: unlock FB now
While some of the days mentioned in the fake tattoo adverts are correct, sometimes they turn out to be false, but hey, it’s an advertisement, right? People lie in adverts. It is rather tricky to make your temporary tattoo last longer than the usual amount of days; even fake tattoo companies tell potential clients that their tattoos last between one to two weeks during their promotions.
However, you can get a real tattoo that won’t come off for a more permanent solution. However, you need to play an important role in being careful to ensure the tattoo lasts longer than usual.